Office of Computing and Information Systems
How to access Exchange e-mail from the Web browser using Outlook Web Access.
To access your Dental School Exchange e-mail from the Web browser, do the following:
From the Dental School:
- Be sure you know your Dentistry login and password, which is what you usually put in when you login in the morning.
- Use https://www.dentistry.unc.edu/secure/resources/webmail/index.cfm to use Outlook Web Access. This is useful for computers that numerous people use since individual outlook profiles are not required.
- Connect to the Internet through your ISP and start Internet Explorer (must be version 5 or higher).
- Go to Dental School Home page http://www.dentistry.unc.edu and click on Webmail or type in the following URL: https://www.dentistry.unc.edu/secure/resources/webmail/index.cfm/
- Enter your User Name and Password (this is your Dentistry Domain login and password.
- A Web screen will open to your email box (it will look exactly like Outlook, but you are really accessing your email through your Web browser).
- When you are through, logoff of Exchange using the button at the bottom of the left-hand bar. NOTE: THIS IS A VERY IMPORTANT STEP, MAKE SURE THAT YOU ALWAYS LOGOFF WHEN YOU ARE DONE USING WEB ACCESS. Selecting Public under security when logging in will automatically log you out after 15 minutes of inactivity, Private will log you out after 2 hours of inactivity.
Connecting to Webmail
When arriving at the Dentistry webmail site, Click on the "Click Here to Log In" button.
You will then see the following Logon Screen:
Fig 1: Outlook Web Access Logon Screen
Choose either Public or Private under Security then type in your Dental School username and password and click the Log On button.
Public or shared computer is the recommended setting.
Private computer will allow for longer periods of inactivity before automatically logging off the user.
Last Modified: 07/27/2010