Faculty Development Committee
The mission of the faculty development committee is to support the development of full-time faculty at the UNC School of Dentistry throughout their academic careers. Specific goals for the faculty development committee are:
- To develop guidelines for mentoring faculty through the promotion and/or tenure processes.
- To host an open forum twice a year with faculty to discuss and address questions about promotion, tenure, and career development.
- To coordinate and sponsor a faculty enrichment series on teaching, scholarship, and service for all full-time faculty.
- To develop a junior faculty development series to address issues pertaining to faculty in their early academic career.
- To be a resource to department chairs with the mentoring of faculty.
- To host a new faculty reception each year for all new full-time faculty in the School of Dentistry.