Faculty Development Committee
The mission of the faculty development committee is to support the development of full time faculty at the UNC School of Dentistry throughout their academic career. Specific goals for the faculty development committee are as follows:
- To establish and maintain guidelines for mentoring faculty through the promotion and tenure processes.
- To host an open forum twice a year with junior faculty to discuss and address questions about promotion, tenure, and career advancement.
- To coordinate and sponsor a faculty enrichment series and clinical update series that addresses teaching, scholarship, and service for all full time faculty.
- To provide a junior faculty development series to address issues pertaining to faculty in their early academic career.
- To serve as a resource to all full time dental school faculty for their faculty development needs.
- To conduct a faculty orientation for all new full time faculty in the School of Dentistry.