Continuing Dental Education
Enhancing the Dental Treatment of Children. Is It Time to Say Good-Bye to Amalgam and Stainless Steel Crowns? A Restorative Update
||This course has been cancelled.
||This Course Has Been Cancelled
||Friday, April 12, 2013
||9:00am - 4:30pm
Friday Center - Redbud
$145.00 Team Member
This program will provide a review of current restorative options in pediatric dentistry and examine the current materials and their current place in the dental care of children.
1. You will be able to make evidence based decisions on the selection of various restorative materials for intracoronal restoration of teeth in children, including glass ionomers, resin-modified ionomers, compomer, resin based composites, and amalgam.
2. You will learn whether amalgam and stainless steel crowns continue to have a place in pediatric dentistry.
3. You will be able to discuss various types of coronal coverage available for restoring both anterior and posterior primary teeth, including stainless steel crowns, preveneered crowns and zirconium based crowns.
4. You will be able to discuss the diagnosis and restorative treatment planning of children in the primary and mixed dentitions.
5. You will learn how to integrate the caries risk, age of the child, child behavior/cooperative ability, moisture control, finances, parental expectations, and clinician skills into restorative decision making.
About the Speaker
Dr. William F. Waggoner has been in full-time practice of pediatric dentistry in Las Vegas, Nevada since 1996. He graduated from West Virginia University College of Dentistry and completed his MS degree in pediatric dentistry at the University of Iowa. He has held full time academic appointments at the University of Oklahoma College of Dentistry and The Ohio State University College of Dentistry. Dr. Waggoner has numerous publications in the refereed literature, including several highly-quoted ones on dental restorations for primary incisors, and contributed to a popular pediatric dental textbook. He is a Diplomate of the American Board of Pediatric Dentistry and a Fellow of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry. Dr. Waggoner is a frequent featured speaker on the subject of dentistry for children. He has given numerous presentations in over 30 states and many countries. He is a past President of the Nevada Academy of Pediatric Dentistry. Dr. Waggoner and his wife, Lina Ann, have been married for 34 years and have four children.
8:30-9:00am: Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:00-10:30am: Enhancing the Dental Treatment of Children
10:30-10:45am: Morning Break
10:45-12:15pm: Enhancing the Dental Treatment of Children
1:15-2:45pm: Enhancing the Dental Treatment of Children
2:45-3:00pm: Afternoon Break
3:00-4:30pm: Enhancing the Dental Treatment of Children