Dental Research in Review - February 27, 2013
Information and Instructions for Turner Award Participants
If your abstract has been selected for competition in the 2013 Turner Award Competition at the NC-AADR Dental Research in Review Day program, please note the following guidelines:
- Turner Award Candidates will present their research in a poster presentation format (up to 10 minutes verbal presentation, and a question-and-answer period not to exceed 5 minutes) the evening of February 26, 2013 beginning at 5:30 PM. Judging will begin promptly as scheduled and will continue on the quarter-hour until all the posters have been judged. Please note that the general public will view your poster the following day from 8:00-10:00 AM. You will be required to be present for the duration of the poster session.
- The competition is divided into 4 Categories. Each Category will be judged separately.
- MS, MPH
- Judging Criteria: The Turner Awards Review Panel will review and score each poster presentation as follows:
- 40% for verbal presentation
- 30% for question-and-answer period
- 30% for scientific merit
- Poster set-up
1. Originality and design of the investigation
2. Quality of the data produced
3. Suitability of the methods of analysis used
4. Scientific value of the work
5. Quality of the poster presentation
6. Demonstrated mastery of the subject
- Poster set-up will occur from 4:00-5:20 PM in the Koury Oral Health Sciences Building lobby on February 26. Look for your abstract number on the poster stand.
- Poster stand size is 4x8 feet. Posters will be on CORK boards, so please, no Velcro. Pins will be provided.
- Poster break-down time is from 1:30 to 3:00 PM on February 27.