The mission of the Department of Endodontics is to provide education at the predoctoral, advanced specialty and continuing education levels in endodontics and orofacial pain, provide an evidence-based, contemporary approach to the treatment of patients in these disciplines, and make significant scholarly contributions in the areas of pulp and periapical disease, and chronic orofacial pain.
- Provide discipline-specific, inter-disciplinary and inter-professional approaches to the teaching of the knowledge, skills and values in endodontics and orofacial pain
- Promote critical thinking and problem-solving among learners at all levels
- Integrate contemporary scientific advances in pain research and measurement in endodontic diagnosis and treatment, with compassion and respect for patients
- Promote outstanding service to patients with pulp and periapical disease, traumatic injuries to teeth, chronic orofacial pain and sleep medicine, at the local, national or international levels
- Develop a highly active and well-funded research program in endodontic and orofacial pain research, including their relationship to personalized patient management and the patient’s systemic health
- Publish original, high impact articles, book chapters and books related to the departmental areas of interest and/or expertise
- Foster the recruitment, education and training of future leaders in the disciplines of endodontics and orofacial pain