1) An infrastructure inclusive of infectious disease physicians, dentists, and allied health professionals to establish community linkages that will ensure oral health care for individuals newly diagnosed with HIV
2) Determining the extent of dental disease and oral lesions in this newly diagnosed population compared with a population of traditionally referred HIV patients. Further, we plan to optimize clinical management of co-morbidities associated with HIV/ AIDS that affect the oral cavity environment.
3) Providing comprehensive dental treatment and regular recalls, to eliminate dental disease and promote oral health in the HIV population.
4) Developing a dissemination plan for education to providers and clients on oral manifestations of HIV/AIDS and for dissemination of results of the study to the HIV. population, HIV healthcare providers and dental care providers.
5) Develop and implement prognostic indicators to determine the likelihood of the development of oral disease in the HIV AIDS population.
6) Develop and implement a comprehensive evaluation plan