Contents of the "bOHP Kit©":
- A 13-minute DVD that provides an overview of Early Childhood Caries and focuses on developing interviewing skills with caregivers, examining infants and toddlers, and educating caregivers on oral health related issues.
- A written outline of the DVD for the dental team to reference.
- A form discussing how to implement bOHP into clinical practice.
- A guide to early childhood development and its implication to pediatric dental care.
- An educational flip chart accompanying the bOHP form. This outlines important domains related to infant and toddler oral health to help educate caregivers in the dental office.
- A bOHP form used for new patient encounters. Part of this form includes the domains outlined in the enclosed caregiver educational flip chart for reference while interviewing a caregiver regarding a child's oral health practices (i.e., questions regarding feeding, oral hygiene, dental trauma, injury prevention). The back of this form includes talking points related to each section. Also included is a section to document clinical findings and recommendations made by the dental team. A copy of this form can be printed from the enclosed DVD.
- An infant and toddler oral health resource list with information for both the dental team and caregivers.
- An optional two hour Continuing Dental Education credit can be obtained through the University of North Carolina with self-study of the bOHP Kit.