Adverse Weather Notice Classes and Clinics Closed Monday, January 26, 2004
All School of Dentistry Classes and Clinics (DDS, DH, DA, Graduate and Dental Faculty Practice) are closed Monday, January 26, 2004 due to adverse weather.
Faculty and staff should follow the official UNC-Chapel Hill policy regarding adverse weather conditions. Condition IIl is currently in effect. We will update the adverse weather condition status when advised by campus.
This is extremely bad weather -- unusually large accumulations of snow, ice, sleet, etc. Law enforcement is advising no one to travel except in an emergency. Roads are impassable. Public transportation is canceled. Parking conditions and sidewalks are unnavigable. In the interest of safety, the Chancellor has closed the University. Classes are canceled, and University offices are closed. Emergency employees must report for work. Employees who have not been designated "emergency" must not attempt to come to their worksites.
The following are sources of information you can use regarding adverse weather status and conditions as well as university policy:
- CALL TOLL FREE (in the Triangle Area) - 685-8100.
- Members of the university community can call (919) 843-1234 for recorded information and announcements about campus operations.
- Go to UNC-CH home page (http://www.unc.edu).
- Regarding University Operations and Chapel Hill buses, tune into Radio Station WNJW, 1610 am, the Traveler's Information System.
- The Human Resources Manual Regarding Adverse Weather.