Application Deadline: April 1st
- Online Applications will start in September 2015
Graduates of an accredited high school may apply, regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, or disability.
Enrollment is limited and students are accepted on a competitive basis. Priority for admission is given to applicants with a grade point average of C (2.0 on a 4.0 scale) or above. Selections are based upon scholastic standing, work experience, and a demonstrated interest in dental health care. Applicants are notified of acceptance into the class by the Dental Assisting Committee on Admissions.
Advanced placement in general science, basic science, and clinical science courses will be determined on an individual basis by the Academic Performance Committee.
A completed Dental Assisting application includes:
- an official, sealed high school transcript of all courses completed (courses should include at least one general science course). Foreign transcripts must be translated into English and include a key that explains the grading scale.
- official, sealed college transcripts, if applicable. Foreign transcripts must be translated into English and include a key that explains the grading scale.
- a list of courses presently in progress
- application on file (Online Applications will start in September 2015)
- application fee of $50.00.
Application for admission and information concerning the program may be secured by contacting:
Dental Assisting Program
UNC School of Dentistry
3290 Old Dental Building, CB# 7450
Chapel Hill, NC 27599-7450